Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Tokens of Love

My dear friend Vanessa sent me these quotes- what a gift they bring, particularly in times when we are cold! Lots of Love Vanessa - thanks for these - are truest gifts!

" You are Hannah, a lover of life, a strength to those who shared in your
friendships. You are a dream, a creator of happiness, an artist who has
touched a thousand souls. You've led a full life and wanted for nothing
because your needs are spiritual and you have only to look inside you. You
are kind and loyal, and you are able to see beauty where others do not. You
are a teacher of wonderful lessons, a dreamer of better things."

He contineus by quoting a Walt Whitman poem:

Nothing is ever really lost, or can be lost,
No birth, identity, form -no object of the world,
Nor life, nor force, nor any visible thing;...
The body, sluggish, aged, cold - the embers left
from earlier fires, ...shall duly flame again;



"...And I learned what is obvious to a child. That life is simply a
collection of little lives, each one lived ond day at a time. That each day
should be spent finding beauty in flowers and poetry and talking to animals.
That a day spend with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot
be bettered. "

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello My Dear,
Happy New Year!!
Here's another quote for you (can't remember the source) - I got this from Ruth when I was 15 years old. I have tried with some success and, I admit with a sigh, also a great lack of success, to make it my life's anthem. It is my deepest wish to learn to live it .....................

"Teach me the way to bring flowers to your life,
and taking none away..."

Love ya, as always, NessaLa

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

And when are you going to write again, Ms. Blogger woman? I miss your words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home