Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Truth be Told

I've started this letter countless times in my mind.
Always second guessing and rather waiting, a better time?

Tonight I watched a movie that stirred me so deep,
it made me wonder how long, a secret I keep.

So tonight, why not share some feelings within,
offer some little nugget of this search I begin.

Maybe for just me, these writings I muse
offer a glimmer of truth, something to use?

You are one of my greatest teachers, an unlikely match,
two different worlds, a few visits is all that we catch.

Complicated by circumstance, and yet a shared dream,
we march in unison, but both cautious, it seems.

In this world today, we remain within the lines,
not too much risk, be careful of speaking your mind.

Maybe an ideal thought, I hold in my head,
dramatic imagery conjured up, for hope I am not dead.

Maybe projected onto thee this friendship I hold,
rather always unsure if it has a reciprical pull?

Complicated by so much and probably misunderstood,
we all search for those persons whom know our deepest good.

I yearn for this endearement, someone to share my life,
not of traditional design, not a man, nor a wife.

We have many friendships that enter our lives over time,
but just a few sacred souls that seem to have space in our minds.

I am just coming to learn that the mind does not win,
it is the heart that determines our most sacred kin.

Please let me walk with you, please let me be there,
my request to be present, is not intended to scare.

I see you for something that maybe you see,
I trust in this journey and am open to whatever may be.

I am strong on my own, I have no doubts about that
why so desperate to be seen, it seems, such a load of crap?

The truth is what I seek and so endlessly I dig,
I often wonder if my curiosities bring forth something big?

The value I offer, well God only knows,
but sincerity, hope, perserverance, it shows.

The point of these reflections are intended for this,
I am asking for you my dear friend
to prod, to poke, to stand with me
as a sacred witness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home